Diploma in PC Engineering (Level 6)
Why consider a Diploma in PC Engineering?
Technology and science are transforming our world, changing the way we do business, the way we learn, the way we communicate, and even the way we entertain ourselves. Success in any field – law, medicine, business, education, entertainment, finance and investment – requires a command of technology. As the convergence of telecommunications and computing, information technology is the foundation of the 21st century economy. This profession is one fastest growing profession over the next ten years. IT offers fascinating, mission-critical, high paying jobs, national job growth and multiple career paths.
Twenty-first century organisations need appropriate systems that work properly and are secured, upgraded, maintained, and replaced as appropriate. Employees throughout an organization require support from information technology (IT) experts who understand computer systems' software and who are committed to solving whatever computer-related problems they might have. IT specialists assume responsibility for selecting hardware and software products.
Graduates of the college's information technology program will be capable of addressing these needs. This programme prepares students who can plan, organise, acquire, install and manage the computer technology needs of business, government, health care, schools, and other kinds of organizations.
Graduates of IIT’s PC Engineering course possess the right combination of knowledge and practical, hands-on expertise to take care of both an organization’s information technology infrastructure and the people who use it.
After the student completes this programme, examples of his/her professional responsibilities might include the installation of networks; network administration and security; the development of multimedia resources; the installation of communication components; the oversight of email systems; and the planning and management of the technology lifecycle by which an organization's technology is maintained, upgraded, and replaced.
About the course
Certificate Hardware & Software Technology:
This section is designed to introduce you to computer hardware and computer software with the aim to equip you with the necessary theoretical knowledge and practical skills. This course ranges from fairly basic terms to quite high-level support. Topics covered in this course will be hardware, trouble shooting, repair and maintenance, operating systems and software, networking, security and operational procedure. At the end of this course, students should be able to troubleshoot and repair a computer system.
Certificate Network Support Technology:
It ranges from fairly basic terms to quite high-level network support. Topics covered in this course will be network concepts, installation & configuration, media & topologies, network management and security. This course is both theoretically and practically based.
Diploma I.T. Server Administration:
Based on Exam 70- 687 Windows 8
Based on Exam 70-410 Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012
Based on Exam 70-411 Administering Windows Server 2012
Based on Exam 70-412 Configuring Advanced Windows Server 2012 Services
Based on Exam 70-413 Designing and Implementing a Server Infrastructure
Based on Exam 70-414 Implementing an Advanced Server Infrastructure
Key Topics that will be covered
Hardware & Software Technician
• Personal Computer System Components • Storage Devices, Power Supplies, and Adapters • Understanding Display Devices • Understanding Laptops and Portable Devices • installing and Configuring Printers • Operating System Features and Interfaces • Installing and Configuring Operating Systems • Troubleshooting Theory and Preventive Maintenance • Troubleshooting Operating Systems, Hardware, Printers, and Laptops • Understanding Networking & Security • Understanding Operational Procedures • Installing, Maintaining, and Troubleshooting Hardware • Installing, Configuring, and Troubleshooting Laptops • Operating System Structures and Commands • Operating System Utilities and Troubleshooting Issues • Installing and Troubleshooting Networks • System Security
Network Support Technician
• Introduction to Networks • The Open Systems Interconnection Specifications • Networking Topologies, Connectors, and Wiring Standards • The Current Ethernet Specifications • Networking Devices • Introduction to the Internet Protocol • IP Addressing • IP Subnetting, Troubleshooting IP, and Introduction to NAT • Introduction to IP Routing • Routing Protocols • Switching and Virtual LANs • Wireless Networking • Authentication and Access Control • Network Threats and Mitigation • Physical and Hardware Security • Wide Area Networks • Troubleshooting Tools • Protocol Analyzers • Software and Hardware Tools • Network Troubleshooting • Management, Monitoring, and Optimization
• Maintain Windows Clients and Devices • Manage Windows 8 Using Cloud Services and Microsoft Desktop Optimization Pack • Implementing a Group Policy Infrastructure • Managing User and Service Accounts • Maintaining Active Directory Domain Services • Configure and Troubleshoot DNS • Configure and Troubleshoot Remote Access • Installing, Configuring, and Troubleshooting the Network Policy Server role • Optimizing File Services • Increasing File System Security • Implementing Update Management • Implementing Advanced Network Services • Implementing Advanced File Services • Implementing Dynamic Access Control • Implementing Network Load Balancing • Implementing Failover Clustering • Implementing Disaster Recovery • Implementing AD CS and AD FS • Plan and Deploy a Server Infrastructure • Design and Implement Network Infrastructure Services • Design and Implement Network Access Services • Design and Implement an Active Directory Infrastructure (Logical) • Design and Implement an Active Directory Infrastructure (Physical) • Manage and Maintain a Server Infrastructure • Plan and Implement a Highly Available Enterprise Infrastructure • Plan and Implement a Server Virtualization Infrastructure • Design and Implement Identity and Access Solutions
Why should you attend?
In today’s society, information and information technology are ubiquitous and influence all forms of human activity
- IT professionals support the goals and cultures of the people and organizations they serve;
- More than ever, organizations rely on IT to help them be more productive;
- The number of IT jobs continues to grow;
- IT jobs generally pay well;
- IT jobs provide leadership challenges and opportunities, contributing to a satisfying career that lets you combine IT with your other interests.
IT Careers include:
- Information Architect
- Network Administrator
- Technical Editor/Writer
- Usability Analyst
- Content Manager
- Systems Analyst
- Technology Coordinator
- Information Technology Manager
- Social Media Manager
- Digital Media Manager
- Project Manager
- Chief Technology Officer
- Information Technology Director
- Chief Information Officer
The student should have a good command of the English language. The student will have to supply proof of Grade 10 certificate or higher upon registration with a minimum of 23 points (all subjects included). Experience with computers would be to the advantage of the student.
As this course contains large amounts of class practical, lab work and assignments, a high-end personal laptop for use in class and off-campus is imperative. Specifications should be obtained from Head Trainer at IIT prior to class starting and student should be in possession of laptop within one week of class starting