Business Presentation Skills
Very few people feel completely comfortable when making a business presentation. Fear and uncertainty are the primary causes of this. Overcoming these feelings of inadequacy is essential for successful business presentations. This course aims at imparting key skills of communication so that the participants are able to speak with confidence, allowing them to become powerful public speakers. Part of becoming a good presenter is also appreciating your audience. Business Presentation Skills teaches you how to use the correct register and an appropriate level of language in order to best communicate your ideas to listeners in both formal and informal settings. This course is also designed to impart effective listening strategies so that participants can identify and respond appropriately to different types of language in a variety of different settings.
- Three days contact time including facilitation and group activities
- 30 days self-study after which participants are to submit their Portfolio of Evidence
Upon completing this course, participants should be able to:
- Interact successfully in oral/signed communication
- Use strategies that capture and retain the interest of an audience
- Identify and respond to manipulative use of language
- Respond critically yet sensitively as a listener/audience
- Analyze own responses to spoken/signed texts and adjust as required
- Use strategies to be an effective speaker/signer in sustained oral/signed interactions, and
- Evaluate spoken/signed discourse
Our study guide include:
- Complete guide to study materials
- Self-contained guide with all module requirements
- Examples and case studies
- Clear learning outcomes
- Activities that can be completed individually or as part of a team
Different modules have different assessments ranging from individual presentations, group presentations and written assignments.
In addition, our program features
- Tutor-marked assignments
- End-of-module assessments
- A written examination
- Textbooks are provided in most modules
- An IIT Certificate of Competence will be awarded to all delegates who successfully submit and are found competent on their Portfolios of Evidence (PoEs).
- An IIT Certificate of Attendance will be awarded to all delegates who do not submit a PoE within the specified timeframe after attending the three days of training.
This course assumes that the student has a fundamental understanding of business as well as possesses the necessary English literacy to understand the contents of this course. This course is aimed at all levels of the workforce and aims to improve time management and organizational skills.