Business Writing Skills
Projecting a positive image for your organization is essential. This course focuses on developing your business writing skills in emails and letter writing.
- Three days contact time including facilitation and group activities
- 30 days self-study after which participants are to submit their Portfolio of Evidence
- Learn to write clear, concise and effective documents
- Write to produce an appropriate business style
Upon completing this course, participants should be able to:
- Recognizing the principles of effective writing
- Planning reader-focused letters and emails
- Adopting a standard design for letters and emails
- Developing information structures to meet different requirements
- Writing clear, concise and effective sentences
- Identifying common grammatical errors
- Towards a reader-friendly writing style
Our study guide include:
- Complete guide to study materials
- Self-contained guide with all module requirements
- Examples and case studies
- Clear learning outcomes
- Activities that can be completed individually or as part of a team
Different modules have different assessments ranging from individual presentations, group presentations and written assignments.
In addition, our program features
- Tutor-marked assignments
- End-of-module assessments
- A written examination
- Textbooks are provided in most modules
- An IIT Certificate of Competence will be awarded to all delegates who successfully submit and are found competent on their Portfolios of Evidence (PoEs).
- An IIT Certificate of Attendance will be awarded to all delegates who do not submit a PoE within the specified timeframe after attending the three days of training.
This course assumes that the student has a fundamental understanding of business as well as possesses the necessary English literacy to understand the contents of this course. This course is aimed at all levels of the workforce and aims to improve time management and organizational skills.
Participants should bring documents they have written and/or those they will be expected to produce.