This course is designed for individuals who want to develop a more productive style when chairing meetings. Participants will be given tools to enable them achieve the maximum outcome from meetings.
Make better decisions, achieve greater participation, support trusted communication channels and enhance motivation by managing the meeting process effectively.
- Three days contact time including facilitation and group activities
- 30 days self-study after which participants are to submit their Portfolio of Evidence
- Clarify the remit of your meeting role
- Devise a charter of expectations for meetings, tailored agendas
- Learn to make more decisions at meetings
- Use communication techniques to facilitate productive discussion
- Achieve greater consensus and support positive dissent
- The chairperson’s role before, during and after a meeting
- Preparing and drafting effective agendas
- Listening and questioning
- Manage challenging people and situations more constructively
- Assigning tasks and responsibilities
- Sequencing the steps to get to decisions and resolve issues
Our study guides include
- Complete guide to study materials
- Self-contained guide with all module requirements
- Examples and case studies
- Clear learning outcomes
- Activities that can be completed individually or as part of a team
- Different modules have different assessments ranging from individual presentations, group presentations and written assignments
In addition, our program features
- Tutor-marked assignments
- End-of-module assessments
- A written examination
- Textbooks are provided in most modules
- An IIT Certificate of Competence will be awarded to all delegates who successfully submit and are found competent on their Portfolios of Evidence (PoEs).
- An IIT Certificate of Attendance will be awarded to all delegates who do not submit a PoE within the specified timeframe after attending the three days of training.
his course assumes that the student has a fundamental understanding of business as well as possesses the necessary English literacy to understand the contents of this course. This course is aimed at all levels of the workforce and aims to improve time management and organizational skills.
Participants should bring documents they have written and/or those they will be expected to produce.