Effective Project Management
What is Project Management
Whatever type of project you are managing; effective project management is about completing the project on time, within budget and with the needs of the business fully met. This introductory course will show you how to deliver these desired results on each and every project.
- Eight half days
Why choose Project Management?
This course will focus on the key skills a manager needs to develop a smooth-running project, and a timely arrival at the finishing line through:
- Maintaining control,
- Team building, and
- Good communications,
- Typical project stages by example,
- Helpful lists of applicable tasks & deliverables,
- Risk assessment,
- Risk management, etc.
- Starting the project: starting the project by selecting the team and producing the terms of reference.
- Planning the project: confirming the business case, developing the plan, documenting the risks and issues and producing the project initiation document. Holding the project kick-off meeting to get the project team working together.
- Determine the business requirements: building on the established objectives by gathering detailed information about the business requirements for the project. Confirming and agreeing on these requirements with the business.
- Organizing the project: defining what is needed in order to meet the business requirements. Evaluating alternatives and selecting the most appropriate option for the business. Organizing and planning the detailed work of the project.
- Controlling the project work: Monitoring progress, tracking costs against budget, identifying risks and issues, taking corrective actions and reporting on progress.
- Implementing the new project: Installing the new business process, testing it, training the people who will be operating it and bringing it into production use. Handing it over to the business for on-going operation.
- Closing the project: completing and handing over the documentation.
Candidate should have Internet experience and have a solid working knowledge of computers and Microsoft Office 2007 or 2010 Applications. Candidate must have a good command of the English language and should have access to a personal computer after class hours in order to do assignment. Candidate must be employed in a working environment to best be able to administer the above mentioned topics covered in the course.