Executive Secretary/ Personal Assistant
This course is designed for experienced PA’s whose technical skills are secure but who wish to develop other business skills.
- Four half days contact time including facilitation and group activities
- 30 days self-study after which participants are to submit their Portfolio of Evidence
Day 1 & 2:
- Discussion on Role & Responsibilities of Executive Secretary
- Constructively managing the upward relationship(s)
- Time Management:
- Setting goals to be effective
- Designing workable plans
- Learn how to prioritise tasks
- Focus on the practical aspects of dealing successfully with your workload
- Plan to delegate work on behalf of the manager(s) or to direct report staff
Day 3 & 4
- Develop techniques to enhance communication and effectiveness
- Assertiveness and confidence building – practice in a range of situations with feedback:
- How to deal with people and situations with confidence
- Managing conflicting priorities and loyalties when working for more than one boss
- Deal with criticism, anger and conflict
- Assess how you present yourself
- Renewing personal and career goals
- Set yourself objectives
- Devise an action plan
This is a highly participative course with emphasis on role play, case studies and tutor led discussion
Our study guides include:
- Complete guide to study materials
- Self-contained guide with all module requirements
- Examples and case studies
- Clear learning outcomes
- Activities that can be completed individually or as part of a team
Different modules have different assessments ranging from individual presentations, group presentations and written assignments.
In addition, our program features:
- Tutor-marked assignments
- End-of-module assessments
- A written examination
- Textbooks are provided in most modules
- An IIT Certificate of Competence will be awarded to all delegates who successfully submit and are found competent on their Portfolios of Evidence (PoEs).
- An IIT Certificate of Attendance will be awarded to all delegates who do not submit a PoE within the specified timeframe after attending the three days of training.
This course assumes that the student has a fundamental understanding of business as well as possesses the necessary English literacy to understand the contents of this course. This course is aimed at all levels of the workforce and aims to improve time management and organizational skills.
Participants should bring documents they have written and/or those they will be expected to produce.