Interpersonal & Communication Skills
The mastery of interpersonal skills and communications is of utmost importance in the business environment. This program will be focusing on customer centricity, which is the creation of a positive customer experience at the point of selling and post selling. A customer-centric approach will add value to your organization and differentiate your company from your competitors.
The second focus of this learning program will be on business etiquette. The impressions you leave with your customers or clients at your organization will be lasting. As a provider you need to ensure you leave a memorable impression that will keep your organization alive in customers’ minds.
- Two days contact time including facilitation and group activities
- 30 days self-study after which participants are to submit their Portfolio of Evidence
Upon completing this program, the participants should be able to:
- Describe the model of communication in the context of their work environment;
- Apply the communication model to a specific communication interaction;
- Determine the efficiency of the communications model and identify any gaps in communications process;
- Propose proactive communications solutions in relation to any gaps identified;
- Consider the audience in respect of the message to be conveyed and appropriateness of communication tools for the specific audience;
- Use oral and written communication skills effectively in interpersonal and organizational communication;
- Use reading skills effectively to understand and act upon different communication strategies;
- Use effective writing skills to generate reports, official memorandums, notices etc.;
- Define a communications strategy and implement it according to their policies and procedures;
- Explain barriers to interpersonal communication and identify ways of overcoming such barriers;
- Explain strategies for managing conflict in interpersonal communication and identify ways for ensuring constructive conflict resolutions;
- Identify typical communications barriers within their work environment and propose solutions to address these;
- Determine cultural diversity and protocol in all communications strategies and determine how barriers related to culture can appropriately be addressed;
- Use a variety of computer program to enhance communications amongst people;
- Examine the impact of advanced information technology on the interpersonal relations in organizational activities and;
- Analyze workplace data and communicate it via the appropriate information technology.
Our study guides include:
- Complete guide to study materials
- Self-contained guide with all module requirements
- Examples and case studies
- Clear learning outcomes
- Activities that can be completed individually or as part of a team
Different modules have different assessments ranging from individual presentations, group presentations and written assignments. In addition, our program features
- Tutor-marked assignments
- End-of-module assessments
- A written examination
- Textbooks are provided in most modules
- An IIT Certificate of Competence will be awarded to all delegates who successfully submit and are found competent on their Portfolios of Evidence (PoEs).
- An IIT Certificate of Attendance will be awarded to all delegates who do not submit a PoE within the specified timeframe after attending the three days of training.
This course assumes that the student has a fundamental understanding of business as well as possesses the necessary English literacy to understand the contents of this course. This course is aimed at all levels of the workforce and aims to improve time management and organizational skills.