Mentoring & Coaching
In an increasingly competitive market it is of vital importance for organizations to perform at their highest level and to get the advantage over their competitors. This means that all resources within the organization need to be continually performing at the highest level possible to ensure that optimal organizational performance. In this vein, Mentoring and Coaching are increasingly used as tools and techniques to enhance individual work understanding, performance and skills.
The Mentoring and Coaching program will focus on assisting the delegate to understand how to conduct coaching session at the workplace. This is done in order to enhance the individual’s work understanding, performance and skills. The program includes aspects such as the difference between coaching and mentoring, the relationship between coaching and mentoring, coaching and mentoring skills and strategies, and how to go about implementing coaching in the workplace.
- Three days contact time including facilitation and group activities
- 30 days self-study after which participants are to submit their Portfolio of Evidence
Upon completing this program, the participant should be able to:
- Plan and prepare for a coaching (one-to-one training) session in the workplace
- Conduct coaching sessions
- Monitor and report on participants progress within the coaching session and
- Review own coaching skills and processes
Our study guides include:
- Complete guide to study materials
- Self-contained guide with all module requirements
- Examples and case studies
- Clear learning outcomes
- Activities that can be completed individually or as part of a team Different modules have different assessments ranging from individual presentations, group presentations and written assignments.
In addition, our program features
- Tutor-marked assignments
- End-of-module assessments
- A written examination
- Textbooks are provided in most modules
- An IIT Certificate of Competence will be awarded to all delegates who successfully submit and are found competent on their Portfolios of Evidence (PoEs).
- An IIT Certificate of Attendance will be awarded to all delegates who do not submit a PoE within the specified timeframe after attending the three days of training.
This course assumes that the student has a fundamental understanding of business as well as possesses the necessary English literacy to understand the contents of this course. This course is aimed at all levels of the workforce and aims to improve time management and organizational skills.